Monday, March 19

Brooks Half Marathon 2012



I did something that I never thought I will do in my entire life. I signed up for a 10km marathon. Paid RM 48 and yes, I did it. I have doubt with myself until the event date. I doubt that I will finish it. I even doubt I could complete half of the run or for me 'walk'. Yes, it's a marathon and yet I decided to walk 3/4 of the whole marathon. I did not trained unlike my friends they did their fair bit of training and yes, a lot more fit than me. I mean whole lot more. Me? I did not train except for 3 km walk on treadmill once a week or once every 2 weeks. Backed out? I even think of doing it up to the last minute. What do I even get myself into I always question this. 





Well, after waited for few months the day finally arrived and I don't even feel tiny bit of excitement. I knew it was impossible for me to do it and yet I'm still forcing myself to go and just get over it once and for all. 11th March 2012, I did not even sleep the whole night. No, not because I'm so excited or nervous. I went out with my friends the whole night and only back home at 4am. I showered got myself ready and off to Bukit Jalil for the run. Not an inch of sleep. Hah! I am definitely crazy...

This is me the night before...
The marathon started and yes, I run not because I want to but because I quite terrified with the number of people pushing me and the excitement they have to start the marathon. And, yes a little shocked with the sound of the gunshot. 


The stadium
Before the marathon
Camwhoring!

It felt like I have walked and run, walked and run for nearly 3 km and when I saw the indicator it only show 1 km. Wtf??! I'm tired I wanted this to finish. How come it doesn't felt this far by car? But, what do you know in 2 hours time I manage to complete all 10km and yes i'm not the last one. 


Well, I know for some it's nothing to be proud of but for me I never did any marathon before in my whole entire life. (well, except jogathon in primary school :p) So, I'm proud and I don't care what other think. I'm still proud I did it without training and also SLEEP! I still did it. I did the 10 freaking km. Not ten steps but 10km! So, will this be my first and last? I hope not. It actually kind of addicted. But, if there is next time i'll make sure I did my fair bit of training and most importantly sleep. 


Thanks Sanly for the picture!

I did it! *chicken dance*
so proud! :D







This is my result :) 


Overall result

by category-10km woman

No comments: